Eligible veterans applying for first time membership must submit the following information to Post Membership Committee:
- 1. Complete American Legion Membership application, available HERE. Print two completed copies. Keep one copy for your records. Mail the other copy to above address, together with your dues payment shown on the application. (Applications are also available at the Post.)
- 2. A copy of your DD214 or DISCHARGE.
- 3. Make checks payable to our Post listed above. (Do not send cash).
- 4. If the information is correct, membership will be approved and a membership card will be mailed to you.
- 5. Please see eligibility dates below.
Veterans applying for transfers from your current Post to our Post must submit the following:
- Completed and signed Member Data Form.
- Copy of DD214 OR DISCHARGE.
- Copy of Membership card.
Membership dues payment, if current year dues are not paid. If current dues are paid, please pay dues for next year's membership.
Membership eligibility in the American Legion is based on honorable service with the U.S. Armed Forced between:
- World War I (April 6, 1917 - November 11, 1918)
- World War II (December 7, 1941 - December 31, 1946)
- January 1,1947 to today
Because eligibility dates remain open, all members of the U.S. Armed Forces are eligible to join The American Legion at this time, until the date of the end of hostilities as determined by the government of the United States.
Must have served at least one day of active military duty during one of the dates above; and honorably discharged or still serving honorably.
For any questions please contact our membership chairman, or stop at the Post.
Click HERE for an online application form.